Wednesday, March 31, 2021

A Fact

Turns out it was not the house
That hummed, it was just the moon.

A girl found out. She leaned close
To the moon and called out, Pa!

There’s a weird hum from the moon.
He came then and leaned close, too.

He heard it, but he heard it
All the time. Can you stop it?

I thought it came from the walls.
The girl cupped her hands and held

The moon on both sides. It stopped.
When I slow it down, the hum

Slows down, and if I stop it
So it can’t spin, then it stops.

He shook his head. So that’s it.
I was sure it was the house.

She smiled. Yeh, I thought so, too!
He laughed. I thought I heard it,

Not you! I thought it was strange.
I’m glad you weren’t spooked by it.

Now she laughed. But I was scared,
And I thought it was just me.

They both laughed. Well it’s gone now.
Not us or the house! The moon.